When you’re at your Super Bowl party on Sunday, you’ll probably be able to pick out the smartest guy in the room immediately – and instantly despise him … unless that guy is you!
Here’s a rundown of some obscure Super Bowl facts to drop on your friends to make you sound smarter than you really are:
- Bill Belichick has coached in nine Super Bowls. That’s the most in NFL history.
- After this Sunday’s game, the Patriots will have faced half of the NFC teams in the Super Bowl.
- The opening kickoff has been returned for a touchdown only once: Devin Hester in the 2007 Super Bowl.
- Teams wearing white jerseys are 11-1 in the last 12 Super Bowls. In case you were wondering, the Patriots will wear white on Sunday.
- Phil Simms was the first Super Bowl MVP to say he was "going to Disney World." He did so after completing 22 of 25 passes in 1987, setting the record for highest completion percentage.
- The NFL uses 72 game balls during the Super Bowl.
- The Super Bowl Trophy is made by Tiffany’s and Co. and costs $25,000.
- The highest scoring Super Bowl was played between the 49ers and Chargers in 1995, with the teams combining for 75 points. (For The Win)