It's the only country music festival on the beach in the United States and the 2022Tortuga Music Festival was one of the best yet! With over 50 bands and musicians, the three day music festival was never silent. The first Tortuga Music Festival was on Fort Lauderdale Beach in 2013 and every year has grown with artists and events. A portion of the proceeds goes to Rock the Ocean to raise awareness and support for ocean conservation. Who knew helping save turtles and sharks could be so much fun?
This year's headliners were Morgan Wallen, Thomas Rhett and Luke Combs and it's almost impossible to see all of the bands during the three days. But it sure is fun trying!
Here were five fun things that happened on Fort Lauderdale Beach April 8-10, 2022!
1. Luke Combs joined Thomas Rhett onstage on Saturday night and did a "Friends in Low Places" sing-a-long
2. Riding a bike on the beach to power a blended beverage
3. Randy Houser leading the biggest wave next to the waves
4. Luke Combs getting emotional onstage
5. And the coolest portable pool on the beach. Giddy up!
There were engagements on the beach during the shows, there were new friends that were made, and every time a grain of sand shows up this week it brings back the memory of a lifetime!